Welcome to Day 20
Today’s activity is both sweet and powerful.
First, after listening to the meditation, give yourself 12 minutes of pure pleasure. Pamper yourself with things you love and enjoy and feel completely worthy to receive!
After that, write it as a list in your notebook.
What are the things that make you feel well treated and luxurious?
STRETCH BEYOND WHAT YOU KNOW.
Allow yourself to dream and sense it in your body and in your mind.
And feel how worthy you are to have all that you wish for and more!
Today’s inspirational quote:
“Today I treat myself to moments of luxury.”
May the universe be with you ✨🙏
1. First, after listening to the meditation, give yourself 12 minutes of pure pleasure. Pamper yourself with things you love and enjoy and feel completely worthy to receive!
- I brewed a pot of Red Chinese Tea. Opened the curtains to air out the room. Turn on the fans. See the purple sky wake up.
- I took a nap. From a 10 minute nap at 6.10 – 6.20am turn into 1hour+ nap, waking up at 7.40am. Still feeling groggy afterwards.
2. After that, write it as a list in your notebook. What are the things that make you feel well treated and luxurious? STRETCH BEYOND WHAT YOU KNOW.
Reading what my celeb crush read aka GOT7 and listening to French songs. After my work meeting ended at 9.45am, I read for Alain de Botton’s “Essays in love” (PDF version) while grooving to La Vie Parisienne. It feels kinda luxurious – like a getaway to Paris and enjoying my time on a quaint little coffeeshop. Possibly connecting with GOT7 JB and Jinyoung through these proses.
Reading awesome mystery novels that touch societal and diversity issues. Miyuki Miyabe 宮部みゆき is my all time star author. Kinda sad that I ravished all her collection in English already.
- Reading historical mystery novels eg Laura Joh Rowland’s novels are my fav. I picked them up when I was in community college in Seattle. Back huddled against the hushed grey wall of the apartment. Flipping through the pages fervently. I was immersed in the book.
- Taking a bath in a bath tub with bath bombs
- Chilling at my holiday home, looking out into the lush greenery and turning on the fan next to me on full blast
- Looking out into the rain
- Looking outside my balcony to see my neighborhood – it gives off a sentiment of a Japanese anime neighborhood
- Eating biscuits and drinking tea on a top of a high mountain
- Being in a colonial-style library/book shops
- Going into the international airports while lay-over
- Traveling on Japan Airways
- Boarding the plane alone to international destinations
- Drinking Starbucks in the wee hours
- Taking a hot long shower at night in my condominium in Bangkok
- Eating in a restaurant when I international trek eg in India, Pakistan
- Taking naps in the afternoon
- Looking out into my office at Sasin *the view of the tree magnificent plumage is incredible*
- Eating cereal, any other time than in the morning
- Having a whole villa to myself (special treat during my MBA study trip – because some of my friends couldn’t make it) – I even make a goofy solo dance in the room – you can check it out here lol
- Seeing all my apple products on the same table at once
- Leafing through my Moleskin notebooks
- Being able to sketch out on my Moleskin
Throughout the list, I noticed there are three main trends in what I consider luxurious.
- Being present and be in tune with nature.
- Traveling internationally alone
All these are kinda introvert activity. Plus, it’s to see that my expression of introversion is luxurious. Being a luxurious introvert.
Note on my evolution: extroversion into introversion
When I was younger, there was a lot of hype on being extrovert. Literature, research, books show findings that extroverted people are more successful in life. Hence, I want to be extrovert. And many people say that I’m extrovert too. I gain energy by helping people. Even now, I can’t deny how much I enjoy talking and helping prospective students during Open House. But most of the things I enjoy usually involve the three main things – and it’s curiously interesting to realize that they are solo activities. Plus, times changed now. It’s being equally accepted that introverted people can be as successful. Not that I’m not extroverted, it’s just that I have more introverted sides of fun. From a closeted introvert to a full-fledged luxurious introvert 😆💎✨
Rare Gem Discovery
PS Not a luxurious moment but a more rugged badass moment, as if I unearthed rare gems in my backyard garden. So, while I was looking up images for Miyuki Miyabe’s novels, I came across an article that featured her graphic novel, aka manga! All these years since high school (almost 10 years), I had no idea that she published manga!
I cant find this yet. But while on the search, I stumbled another manga from her. I actually have the print text version at home, which I haven’t get into finishing it yet. Bless this assignment! What a treasure find! 💎✨