💛 Good morning and welcome to Day 13 💛
Today’s practice is still within the parent domain.
Return to day 11. Consider characteristics and patterns you have that resemble or relate to your mother. Also consider what characteristics and pattern you have that are different from those of your mother. And consider what characteristic you may have rejected before that you may choose to embrace and honour today.
The Meditation today is about being detached from results and striving, and a call for awareness because the way we live can be a powerful result of learnt heritage, or an awareness outcome of what you have received.
Carry the following thought with you during your day: My whole being has forgiven me and liberated me. I wish all happiness to myself
Today’s inspirational quote:
”As I let go of the need to arrange my life, the universe brings abundant good to me.”
May the universe be with you
Wishing you a blissful day!🙏🥰
With love 💖✨
- Return to Day 11.
- Consider characteristics and patterns you have that resemble or relate to your mother.
- our love for books
- our wavy hair
- our intelligence ;D
- our love for adventure, mountain climbing
- our spontaneity
- our “messy” patterns for placing things – and later forget where we store them
- our tendency to take things personally with people closed to us
- our tendency to keep the stress to ourselves – close in when we are upset
- the quick speed to get irritated
- Also consider what characteristics and pattern you have that are different from those of your mother.
- my love for reading manga and watching Korean drama – she doesn’t watch them. Instead, she goes for Master Chef and Hidden Singer shows
- my openness to share about personal stuff with others. She’s more reluctant to share them
- her love for cycling – i’m more towards running
- And consider what characteristic you may have rejected before that you may choose to embrace and honor today.
- her reverence for the Dharma – her goal of not being reborn
- her higher pitched tones when she’s feeling negative or stressed
- her telling me to sleep early
It feels strange to list my mom’s characteristics out – putting her in words, objectively. It felt that my memory of her is hazy, even though she’s still with me. I wonder if my trying to have a rosy recollection of her make this experience feel weird. Or it could be because I’m in heightened state of stress from my work?
But on the last point of embracing and honoring her characteristics that I’ve previously rejected, I’m starting to recognize that I felt like I was not loved enough and had my freedom restrained through her expressions of her characteristics. It was not about her that I rejected. If I put these characteristics on someone else, I would not even bat an eyelash. It would not bother me at all. less propel me to reject them. I think that I put meanings and expectations on the word “mom” and that leads me to feeling so constrained with her. Nothing’s wrong with that but I recognized that cost me of my happiness when I’m with her and what our relationship could have been. By embracing them, it’s also giving these “rejection” a chance for closure. I don’t have to carry them forward. It’s undeniable that she love me, regardless of her characteristics.
Assignment instruction: https://runvagabound.wordpress.com/2020/01/24/day-13-of-21-days-of-abundance-challenge/